The Cybersecurity Essentials course covers foundational knowledge in all aspects of security in the cyber world, including information security, systems security, network security, mobile security, physical security, ethics and laws. It builds students’ skills in related technologies, procedures, defense and mitigation techniques used in protecting
Training a cybersecurity workforce is a national priority for most countries, with a
demand for cybersecurity professionals projected to rise to six millions job openings
globally by 2019.
There are many opportunities for career growth in this field. As people become
increasingly dependent on networks to store their personal, financial, and business
data, there’s greater incentive for cyber criminals to steal, manipulate, and monetize
that data. The world needs specialists to proactively defend and address these threats.
Interactive, multimedia content
Activities, lab exercises, Cisco Packet Tracer activities that reinforce learning
Links to articles and websites for enhanced learning on specific topics
Quizzes and exams to check students’ understanding of the information covered…
Cybersecurity – A
World of Wizards,
Heros and Criminals
- Describe the cybersecurity world, criminals, and professionals .
- Compare how cybersecurity threats affect individuals, business and countries.
- Explain the structure and efforts committed to expanding the security workforce.
- Explain the three dimensions of the McCumber Cube.
- Detail the ISO cybersecurity model.
- Explain the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
Cybersecurity Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
Describe tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
Explain the types of malware, malicious code and social engineering.
The Art of Protecting
- Outline technologies, products and procedures used to protect confidentiality.
- Explain encryption techniques and access control techniques.
- Present concepts of obscuring data.
The Art of Ensuring
- Explain technologies, products and procedures used to ensure integrity.
- Detail the purpose of digital signatures and certificates.
- Explain the need for database integrity enforcement.
The Realm of Five
- Explain the concepts of five nines.
- Name the technologies, products, and procedures used to provide high availability.
- Represent how incident response plan and disaster recovery planning improves high availability and business continuity.
- Describe system, servers and data protection
- Explain network infrastructure and end device protection
- Detail physical security measures used to protect network equipment
Joining the Order of
- Discuss cybersecurity domains and controls
- Explain ethics and cybersecurity laws.
- Name the cybersecurity tools.
- Explain how to become a cybersecurity professional.
Port Harcourt, Rivers State